Transit Visa is granted for the sole purpose of enabling the holder to travel to India to reach his/her ultimate destination. Evidence/air ticket for onward travel to the destination outside India should be produced. Transit Visas are valid for maximum 15 days and are utilizable for a maximum stay of 3 days. Validity of the visa starts from the date of issue. Double Entry Transit Visas can be granted for stay in transit up to 3 days on each visit.
Documents to be attached with Visa application:
1. Printout of Online Visa application form with uploaded photo.
3. Old passport and other nationality passport, if any/ declarations
4. Residence proof (More than 2 years residence) or duly filled Fax form for non-residents
5. Proof of availability of sufficient money to spend during the stay in India.
6. Evidence/air ticket for onward travel to the destination outside India should be produced.
7. All pages of the documentation submitted should be self-attested by the applicant.
All Visa seekers are required to attach copies of their latest passport with the visa application submitted to the Embassy of India, Rome